Facts & Figures:
- Austria's largest province, with an area of 19,177 square km
- 1.6 million inhabitants
- Centrally located at the heart of the EU, Lower Austria is the ideal hub connecting both the south and the north as well as Eastern and Western Europe
- Robust economic indicators (above-average growth, large number of successful start-ups)
- Site of numerous international headquarters (REWE, Fresenius Medical Care, MBA Polymers and many more)
- State-of-the-art educational and research facilities
- Excellent transportation infrastructure and networks
- First-class quality of life
"Economic Strategy 2020"
Focus is on four core strategies in particular:
- Sustainable Business Success and Internationalization: supporting companies in their sustainable growth and in their internationalization activities, appropriate financing mechanism, assistance with site establishment and expansion projects
- Research, Development & Market Implementation: research and development with particular focus on marketing, development and backing of cooperative R&D&I projects, sponsorship of cooperative innovation projects
- Start-ups with Growth Dynamics: promoting and funding of business start-ups with growth potential, innovative financing forms such as participating interests and venture capital with an emphasis on innovative business ideas, improving the business start-up environment
- Attractive Business Sites: development and managment of technology and research centers, development and management of business parks and in business site cooperations, promotion of regional flagship projects, identification & support of top business establishment and expansion projects
www.standortkompass.at – the web platform for business settlement in Lower Austria
With this real estate database you can find available business parks, industrial areas, commercial properties or office space across Lower Austria – also clearly displayed in a map. In addition, the platform provides a "Förderkompass" with overview of the different grant &financing opportunities.
standortkompass.at is a free service for all companies interested in Lower Austria.